- Cost of living in Ukraine varies widely depending on the region and the city. Naturally, large cities such as Kiev & Odessa have a much higher cost of living than smaller ones such as Lviv, Ternopil, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Lugansk, Ivano-frankivsk, Nikolaev or Kherson. Rural areas are even cheaper, also with much lower costs of labor. Overall, Ukraine has a relatively low cost of living, especially if one is able to replicate a Western salary while living here. According to recent scores, Ukraine was ranked around 70th most costly place on the cost of living globally. A student will need to have about $150 to $ 200 per month available for living costs, above the cost of your tuition.
- It is a common misconception by new visitors to think that Kiev is a cheap city. While it is substantially less expensive than many other European capitals, the central part of Kiev contains the same boutiques as large cities such as Moscow, Rome, Paris and others, with prices being approximately the same on the items sold there. Many apartments in the central part of Kiev are also affordable, particularly those located on the main street of Kreschatik and ones containing luxury amenities. However, people who spend an extended period of time in Kiev, learn that in comparison to other European capitals, Kiev is in fact fairly cheap.
- If you are considering coming to Ukraine for a prolonged period of time, you may want to consider using our long term rental assistance program or if you are staying a few days to a few weeks, you could consider our short term fully furnished apartment rentals.
Ternopil,Lviv,Ivan-Franskii is cheaper than Kiev for the most part, particularly in regards to apartments (both rentals and sales) except for rentals during July & August when many people go for vacations in the city during the summer months. Real estate as a rule of thumb is about half as expensive as that of Kiev and services and products are typically 15%-20% less expensive than Kiev.
- The central part of Lviv & Ternopil contains the same boutiques as large cities such as Moscow, Rome, Paris and others, with prices being approximately the same on the items sold there. Many apartments in the central part of Odessa are also fairly expensive, particularly those located on the main street and ones containing luxury amenities. However, people who spend an extended period of time in Lviv or Ternopil learn that there are many ways to bypass the seemingly high cost of living in Lviv or Ternopil.If you are considering coming to Lviv or Ternopil for a prolonged period of time, you may want to consider using our long term rental assistance program or if you are staying a few days to a few weeks, you could consider short term fully furnished apartment rentals/hostels.
Advantages to Study in Ukraine
- Quality Education
- Globally Recognized Courses (Europe, UK, USA, Asia, Africa)
- No Entry Test
- Tuition fee paid on arrival
- Cost effective
- One of the Best Transportation systems in Europe
- Emphasis on Practical Aspects in Teaching
- European Life Standard.
- Better Job Prospects
- Quality Education
- English Medium of Instruction
- Medicine Recognized by WHO, UNESCO, PLAB(UK), USMLE(USA).
Labor costs in Ukraine are cheap, although much higher in larger cities than rural areas. Much of the construction or contractor type of work is often done by gastarbeiters (guest workers or students), who are mostly Asians and Africans. Their labour is usually around half of what similarly qualified Ukrainian workers charge, but their quality is often shoddy.